The rebuild was very slow. Working on other people’s scooters all day long, didn’t leave enough motivation to work on my own. Work happened very sporadically. One small piece at a time. The front hub was one of the first pieces done. I decided I wanted some subtlety in the schema, so starting with the “i” cap for the disc, all formerly polished and chromed pieces were going to be powder coated a satin black. I really liked the results. After that came the hard part. Picking the paint colors for the body.
It does pain me to look at this picture. Took it apart after 1 too many SIL stator failures. Then it sat, occasionally touched. Parts moved around to several locations. I’m very lucky I was able to keep track of all of the parts.
This is one of the oldest pictures I have of my TV200. Pictures at that time were something that required effort, or more accurately a camera and film. Which I didn’t have back then.It was original paint when I got it. Sadly, I didn’t have the appreciation for original paint and patina in those long ago days. This is the second time I painted it. The first was rattlecan lacquer, which while nicer than rattlecan enamel, still lacks something in the finesse departnment. So, I repainted with proper automotive paint.